FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5984 Discussions

Getting error in LDPC IP core(decoder) decoded output, how to resolve it?

gautam_drdo
Beginner

I get errors in Decoded output of LDPC IP core. Errors occurs in a specific pattern. Pattern is ,mainly starting bits of two adjacent blocks(600/1200 bits fed to ldpc decoder) . Errors occurs rarely, maybe 2 in 100 blocks or so, and I am not able to find the exact reason for it. Data fed to LDPC decoder is same in every block.

Since I have not been able to fully understand exact relation between parameters(number of iterations/parallelism/width of decoder variables/MSA attn. factor) in LDPC decoder, so I tried and experimented. And found that with MSA attenuation factor as 0.25, I get best output with very less errors.

Now, please help me in understanding that why my decoded output is varying (rarely). And what is the inter-relation of parameters (number of iterations/parallelism/width of decoder variables/MSA attn. factor) on decoder output?

Info about my project: Quartus Prime Lite Edition 20.1 , Cyclone V ,LDPC(WiMedia 1.5, 600/1200, half rate, itr-50, Par-3, Width-4, MSA AF-0.25) Max input data rate of 16Mbps, Processing frequency is 50Mhz, (1 as 1000 and 0 as 0111, best case).

Enclosed: screenshot of error (error occurs in this pattern only.)

Thanks and regards

Gautam

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am aware that this query is being supported by Intel Premier Support team. Hence...

This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you