FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6372 Discussions

Getting error in LDPC IP core(decoder) decoded output, how to resolve it?

gautam_drdo
Beginner

I get errors in Decoded output of LDPC IP core. Errors occurs in a specific pattern. Pattern is ,mainly starting bits of two adjacent blocks(600/1200 bits fed to ldpc decoder) . Errors occurs rarely, maybe 2 in 100 blocks or so, and I am not able to find the exact reason for it. Data fed to LDPC decoder is same in every block.

Since I have not been able to fully understand exact relation between parameters(number of iterations/parallelism/width of decoder variables/MSA attn. factor) in LDPC decoder, so I tried and experimented. And found that with MSA attenuation factor as 0.25, I get best output with very less errors.

Now, please help me in understanding that why my decoded output is varying (rarely). And what is the inter-relation of parameters (number of iterations/parallelism/width of decoder variables/MSA attn. factor) on decoder output?

Info about my project: Quartus Prime Lite Edition 20.1 , Cyclone V ,LDPC(WiMedia 1.5, 600/1200, half rate, itr-50, Par-3, Width-4, MSA AF-0.25) Max input data rate of 16Mbps, Processing frequency is 50Mhz, (1 as 1000 and 0 as 0111, best case).

Enclosed: screenshot of error (error occurs in this pattern only.)

Thanks and regards

Gautam

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am aware that this query is being supported by Intel Premier Support team. Hence...

This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos