FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Guidelines to use Eye Viewer feature for Stratix 10 SoC Dev Kit

HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

Any user-guide is available to plot eye-diagram using Eye Viewer option using Transceiver toolkit?

I am using Stratix 10 SoC (L-tile) Dev kit with Quartus 18.1 Pro tool.

With Regards,

HPB

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI HPB,

I found 2 training video that should help you up with toolkit usage.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/course/otcvrkits10.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwhyJuphy8I

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the link. I will go through them.

With regards,

HPB

0 Kudos
HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I went through the online tutorial and tried to run the TTK (Transceiver Tool Kit) in Stratix 10 SX dev kit. While checking with TTK, I observed that eye viewer takes significant amount of time to capture the data and plot the graph.

Currently I set the receiver PMA settings to Manual CTLE, Manual VGA , DFE Off mode since I am observing that 0 BER with this mode [VOD=31, Pre-emphasis pre & post tap are 0; VGA DC gain = 4, CTLE EQ Gain is 18 and CTLE AC Gain is 6]

I configured TTK with "PRBS7" and "Don't run longer than 5 seconds" and Horizontal & Vertical step interval ='4'.

It took around 15 minutes to give out the heat map .

I understand that it will take more time if I reduce the Horizontal & Vertical step interval to '2' or '1'. Apart from this whether the time to plot will increase by either setting PRBS31 or making RX Adaption mode to Adaptive or if I increase the duration in case of "Don't run longer than 5 seconds" ?

With regards,

HPB

0 Kudos
HBhat2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I run the Eye viewer and got " Eye Width / Eye Height = 37/69". What is the meaning of this?

With regards,

HPB

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI HPB,

For eye viewer test run time control :

• Increasing the step interval to bigger value (like from 1 to 4) will reduce the test run time but at the cost of lossing measurement accuracy
  • Different adaptation mode shouldn't impact the test run time. It will just impact whether do you get optimized setting for SI performance or not

Sorry we don't have exact breakdown or decoding of eye width or eye height unit/interval. It's just relative measurement tool to help user tune different PMA setting to find out the biggest optimized eye diagram.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos