FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Hello, "# Fatal error in Process MEMORY at C:/altera/12.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/../altera/vhdl/src/altera_mf/altera_mf.vhd line 39940". how to proceed? can you suggest a proper way to simulate my top level vhdl code?

JJame30
Beginner

I am working on interfacing Stratix 4 GX FPGA with DDR2. I used uniphy ip core in Megawizardpulgin tool. I got full files and i simulated example design with provided testbench (in modelsim). its working properly. But when I tried to simulate my top level vhdl code alone, some errors are comming.

"# Fatal error in Process MEMORY at C:/altera/12.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem/../altera/vhdl/src/altera_mf/altera_mf.vhd line 39940".

how to proceed?

can you suggest a proper way to simulate my top level vhdl code?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenny_Tan

What steps that you had use to simulate your DDR2?

Here is the steps for simulation DDR2 https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/external-memory/emi_debug.pdf

0 Kudos
JJame30
Beginner

Hello,

Currently we are doing a project which focus on SFPDP, DDR2, SATA

Tool: Quartus II(14.0), Modelsim (vhdl)

FPGA: Stratix 4 GX

We are planning to use ALTGX, ALTGX_RECONFIG, UNIPHY etc. mega functions for the development of the system. We would like to have proper guidance for doing this.

Can you provide 1-2 weeks hands on training on above mentioned IP cores? or the procedure for doing so.

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

HI,

Thanks for your interest in using FPGA products but I also would like to share with you Stratix IV FPGA is a legacy product while Quartus v14.0 is too old, obsolete version.

My advice to you as below

• Sorry but I foresee it's unlikely to get any hands on training for legacy FPGA product. I propose to migrate to newer generation of FPGA product if possible like the 10th series FPGA family - Cyclone 10 GX for instance to get better technical support
  • Yet, if you still prefer Stratix IV FPGA then feel free to checkout below online training course (some are free, some are paid service)
  • https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/training/legacy.html
  • Or you can also google for the IP user guide doc as well
  • Another thing to take note is to upgrade to latest Quartus version if possible (v19.1 standard edition) as v14.0 is already obsolete.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos