FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5988 Discussions

Help with FFT megacore .mdl design

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Would anybody mind taking a look at my .mdl for me? I'm trying to get the spectrum of a sine wave source block and there seems to be a lot of noise. I'd like to have a solid plot of the spectrum in matlab, so I can continue with the design. Right now I have the imaginary input connected to the real input/source, its set up for a 256 point streaming transform. It's for a school project, none of my professors seem to know that much about simulink. Help would be awesome it's starting to come down to the wire. THANKS

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

**I was inputting negative values into the real input, I think this was one of the problems

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I attached the spectrum of a 64 point streaming arch. transform on a sine wave at 12.5 MHz. I plotted it in MatLab with an FFT shift and without scaling. I wonder if there is an overflow, without the FFT shift the spikes occur at the ends of the spectrum, the data shifts as I change the frequency but for the large part isnt accurate.  

Any body have any ideas with whats going on? :confused:
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

-attachment