FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5890 Discussions

Hi, i am trying to configure the external phy from CPU via MDIO slave but i am able to read even address in phy registers but not able to read odd address registers from phy.

DheeraJ
Beginner

In Avalon Address bit[0] is read/write access so even if i want to read the address 0x09(1001). it is checking bit[0] and it is giving write access.

so please suggest us how to read odd registers from CPU via MDIO slave.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Dheeraj,

Is your base address and offset address set correctly on software?

Also please refer to sessions 9.4 & 9.2.4. from below link

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_embedded_ip.pdf

Check knowledge-base solutions from below link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/soluti...

Regards

Anand

DheeraJ
Beginner

Hi Anand,

Base address and offset address is correct, because i am able to access(read) PHY Registers.

this sessions 9.4 & 9.2.4. is related to Ethernet MDIO but in my design i am using MDIO Slave. This is the different IP and he is acting as a slave to CPU.

on processor side we have only MDIO MDC lines. so we cannot use Ethernet MDIO .

Thanks,

Regards,

Dheeraj

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Dheera,

Can you share the user guide?

DheeraJ
Beginner

Sure Anand,

please find the below attached document.

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Presently I don't have access to the IP I will try to get.

Meanwhile, try to use a signal tap for debugging & share images.

Regards

Anand

AnandRaj_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Dheeraj,

Apologies, We can't provide any information or help in debugging the third party IP.

For further support on third-party IP's,We recommend you to contact the IP vendor.

Regards

Anand