FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

How can i get my mac address with niosii sbt?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am new to nichestack tcp/ip stack and MicroC/OS-II RTOS.I am using the simple socket server(RGMII) template for my own ethernet system with the target PHY is Marvel's 88E1111 on Cyclone IV GX development board.After I create my project,I edit the bsp editor then genertate and save it(In fact i have done nothing owing to the default settings of template is ok).:confused:Then I don't know how to do next?Whether it is only need to modify the iniche_init.c file?After i refer to the Ethernet and the NicheStack TCP/IP Stack - Nios II Edition,I get the idea of initializaing the stack and using the get_mac_addr() and get_ip_addr() to get the PHY's MAC and to allocate ip address.:confused:But i am confused about where is my mac address stored and how i get it.Could someone give some tips.Thank you!!!
0 Kudos
0 Replies