FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5879 Discussions

How to deal with the Rapidio signal io_s_rd_readerror?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm trying to do the loop test of Rapidio. 

I genereated test data on io_s_wr_writedata, connected the td and rd signals, and I generated the io_s_rd signals in order to receive the data. 

But there is no data received on io slave receive data bus io_s_rd_readdata. 

According to simulation on ModelSim, there is a io_s_rd_readerror generating accompaning with io_s_rd_readdatavalid. 

I looked up the ug and I found the following tip:  

The io_s_rd_readerror output is asserted when a response with ERROR status is received for an NREAD request packet, when an NREAD request times out, or when the Avalon-MM address falls outside of the enabled address mapping window. As required by the Avalon-MM interface specification, a burst in which the io_s_rd_readerror signal is asserted completes despite the error signal assertion. 

I'd like to know to deal with the problem.  

I have set the Input/Output Slave Mapping Window n mask register and Input/Output Slave Mapping Window n Control register. 

http://www.alteraforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=12391&stc=1
0 Kudos
0 Replies