FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

How to disable watchdog timer on MAX10 Dual Configuration IP?

PStep10
Beginner

I am using Dual Boot feature of MAX10, where CFM0 contains factory image (failsafe) and CFM1 contains operational image. I have enabled reconfiguration watchdog timer in Quartus 19., but when I set relevant bit in the control register of the Dual Configuration IP to reset the watchdog, MAX10 re-configures to the previous image. How to stop the watchdog timer with Dual Configuration IP?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi PStep10,

There is no option/setting in Dual configuration IP to disable the watchdog timer.

There only way to disable it through Convert Programming File setting (in Quartus): 

max 10 watchdog setting.JPG

Regards,

Matt

0 Kudos
PStep10
Beginner

Hi Matt,

I am aware, that watchdog timer can only be enabled from File Convert settings. I was referring to reset watchdog register. Once the watchdog has been enabled it will count down and then trigger reconfiguration. 

I am looking for an option to stop/reset watchdog through the registers. There is a bit 1 in register offset 0x00 (ug_m10_config.pdf) named "reset watchdog timer", but when I set this register MAX10 does reconfigure to a different CFM. I think this is not the correct behavior. 

What is the method of stopping watchdog timer without triggering reconfiguration?

Kind regards,

Piotr

0 Kudos
ShafiqY_Intel
Employee

Hi Piotr,

The IP register can only reset the watchdog timer. If you want to disable it, you can disable it in File Convert Programming File tools. 

May I know how you reset the watchdog using the register? If possible, send me the screenshot of your command or write it down. 

Regards,

Shafiq

0 Kudos