FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5984 Discussions

How to write/read to DDR slave from custom IP having Avalon MM interface.

URN
Novice

hi,

My custom master component is connected to DDR slave in Platform designer(Qsys). I want to write data on to ddr from the custom master component, for this I should write the Verilog code to access the DDR right? Custom component having Avalon MM interface. Please give me suggestions on this. I have written a piece of code . Please check and let me know if it needs any correction.

thank you

0 Kudos
2 Replies
GuaBin_N_Intel
Employee

For Avalon-mm master spec, you can refer to this user guide https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/mnl_avalon_spec.pdf, Figure 7 to understand read and write transfer timing. In your case, response signal is an option and not required.

URN
Novice

Hi,

Figure 7 to understand read and write transfer timing. In your case, response signal is an option and not required.

Yes, this will help me.

Thanks for the suggestion.