Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EZhan
Novice

I've instantiated a HDMI RX interface. it only can receive standard 1080P and 4K format. for a special 2K format(resolution 2560*1080), it cannot be parsed. Any different settings for this special resolution or it's just the feature?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI,

For once, the clocking freq maybe different for different video resolution ?

• Have you try out with HDMI example design to rule out potential Quartus design issue first ?
  • Does the HDMI RX get connected to other logic design insides FPGA core ? How do you rule out is it HDMI issue or other user logic issue ?

In short, you can also refer to HDMI user guide doc page 37 (table 15) for summary of different freq support for different TMDS data rate.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

EZhan
Novice

HI,

First, this RX interface was porting from the design example and can be used when 4K or 1080p situation. I suppose this may prove the logic is correct or not that wrong. Is that possible the reason is the special resolution issue? I upload the edid file, would you please help to check if it's a IP compatibility issue?

Deshi_Intel

HI,

May I know how do you generate this EDID file ?

Did you dump out from monitor and then overwrite this new EDID hex file with HDMI example design original panasonic.hex EDID file in i2c_slave ?

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

EZhan
Novice

yes, I replace the EDID file link to this file in the EDID RAM ip GUI

Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I checked this 2560x1080p resolution. It's ultra wide screen format 21:9 but is supported by HDMI

Typically blank screen/no output on monitor is due to insufficient HDMI bandwidth

• HDMI 2.0 support max BW of 14.4Gb/s
  • You can use below BW calculator to estimate the required HDMI BW to ensure it's less than 14.4Gb/s
  • https://k.kramerav.com/support/bwcalculator.asp
  • Key in Total horizontal pixel = 3000, Total vertical pixel = 1100
  • Then you can play around with the colour depth setting and refresh rate setting. Keep it low
  • Try out the actual experiment in hardware to see if it helps by reducing bit per colour (disable/turn off deep colour setting) and reduce refresh rate on your GPU graphic card

The other thing is may I know how you convert the monitor EDID file into the Quartus hex file ?

• Do you still have the original EDID hex file dump from monitor so that I can verify using below EDID reader ?
  • http://www.edidreader.com/

Lastly I don't have ultra wide screen monitor to help you validate this special video resolution.

• Unless you can share with me your full Quartus design and explain your system setup to me then only I can explore whether I have the similar setup to help you test it

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I have not hear back from you for close to 2 months.

Hopefully you are making good progress on your side.

For now, I am setting this case to closure.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim