FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Inconsistencies in FFT IP Core on Board testing

SYadl2
Beginner

Hi,

We are facing inconsistency in testing FFT IP core in board. everything looks fine in simulation.

seeing source,sink valid inconsistency.

facing same issues in FIFO IP also.

Why altera ip are behaving differently in onboard simulation. should we check any other settings?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you are observing some mismatching between the FFT HDL simulation vs the hardware testing. Would you mind to further elaborate on your issue obseration ie no SOP/EOP observed in hardware? Some signaltap will be helpful for better understanding. Thank you.

0 Kudos
SYadl2
Beginner

Thank you chee pin.i am attaching the screenshot for your reference.

Addition of info:

We are getting below messages as critical warning which is under FFT IP core:

Memory depth (514) in the design file differs from memory depth (513) in the Memory Initialization File "IPs/new/FFT_NEW/altera_fft_ii_191/synth/FFT_NEW_altera_fft_ii_191_3lkhdja_opt_twr1.hex" -- setting initial value for remaining addresses to 0

Memory depth (130) in the design file differs from memory depth (129) in the Memory Initialization File "IPs/new/FFT_NEW/altera_fft_ii_191/synth/FFT_NEW_altera_fft_ii_191_3lkhdja_opt_twr2.hex" -- setting initial value for remaining addresses to 0

Memory depth (34) in the design file differs from memory depth (33) in the Memory Initialization File "IPs/new/FFT_NEW/altera_fft_ii_191/synth/FFT_NEW_altera_fft_ii_191_3lkhdja_opt_twr3.hex" -- setting initial value for remaining addresses to 0

Memory depth (10) in the design file differs from memory depth (9) in the Memory Initialization File "IPs/new/FFT_NEW/altera_fft_ii_191/synth/FFT_NEW_altera_fft_ii_191_3lkhdja_opt_twr4.hex" -- setting initial value for remaining addresses to 0

Memory depth (4) in the design file differs from memory depth (3) in the Memory Initialization File "IPs/new/FFT_NEW/altera_fft_ii_191/synth/FFT_NEW_altera_fft_ii_191_3lkhdja_opt_twr5.hex" -- setting initial value for remaining addresses to 0

Not sure why we are getting these warnings. Any chance it effects FFT IP Core working on board. We are seeing output correctly in simulations.

Whereas on board source control and data signals are behaving differently.

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, we have on-going email and call discussion on this. I would keep this case for tracking purpose for the time being. Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

Best regards,

Chee Pin

0 Kudos