FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

MAX10 dual boot image IP verification

NilsLiang_WNC
Beginner

Hi 

I am finding a way of verifying the Quartus dual image IP on my board. The FPAG on the board is 10M16DAU324.

Firstly,  I had tested the CONFIG_SEL pin which did change the boot image so the IP seemed good.

And then I found a document which listed that CRC error and watchdog timeout would cause the remote system upgrade feature to load another application configuration image. 

However,  the FPGA did not reconfigure after I injected an soft error by changing the 32-bit CRC option register. 

Does anyone know how to verify it?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Yes it will. May i know how do you inject the soft error? Are you using the JAM file to inject as shown in link below?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sss1393988509894.html (Page48)

0 Kudos
NilsLiang_WNC
Beginner

I used Quartus JTAG chain debugger to access CHANGE_EDREG JTAG Instruction. 

The CRC_ERROR pin did go high when I changed the CRC storage register.

It seems the JAM file would do the same thing.

And I am curious if dual IP core support re-configuration in user mode, since these methods would only inject soft error in user mode. 

Cheers.

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Yes, you can do reconfiguration using dual IP core in user mode. After soft error is injected, you need to do reconfiguration in order to test it.

0 Kudos