cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

MSI generation in PCIe

Hi,

We have been trying to generate MSI interrupt through the RXM_irq input port by making it external on the platform designer. We do not have a DMA engine connected to PCIe, but if look at the testbench system created, specifically at altpcietb_bfm_driver_avmm.v, The MSI interrupt generation is only in dma_mem_test and not on the target_mem_test. We have connected bar0 to the CRA port in our design and hence we are using target_mem_test_lite in this driver BFM. I have modified the testcase similar for this at target_mem_test_lite from dma_mem_test for MSI interrupt generation (Please refer to the attached file).

After writing register 0x50 to 0x00010000 (Bit 16 is used for MSI enable) (cra_msi_enable.png), When we try to read Interrupt Status Register (0x0040), the value we read is 0x0 (Refer to attached snapshot (cra_read_rxm_irq.png).

Could anyone please guide us on how to properly generate MSI interrupts with these configurations.

We are also attaching the Archived Quartus project for reference.

Regards,

Sudhansh Garg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Employee

Hi ,

As primary information, is the MSI enable bit is set 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for your time.

Yes we have set the msi_enable bit set to 1. 

We have also attached the testbench file in the earlier post. 

Regards,

Sudhir

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

Can you please help to give your number in private message , so that I can call you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Employee

May I kindly close the issue, as the issue is open for quite a long time.  Kindly requesting to open a new thread if the issue is still open  

0 Kudos