FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5749 Discussions

Use of dedicated analog input and dual-purpose analog pins for digital signals on Max10

Jonnew
Beginner

I have a MAX 10 design (part: 10M08SAM15317G) in which I'm attempting to use the MAX 10 ADC Hard IP Block to capture signals on the dedicated Analog Input (Pin ANAIN[1]) while preserving the the dual purpose analog inputs (ADC[1]IN[1..8]) for digital IO.

I have configured the MAX 10 ADC Hard IP Block to only use CH0 (ANAIN[1]) while de-selecting CH1-8 and TSD inputs. However, during placement I still get conflicts on all of the dual purpose analog inputs like so:

Info (176311): Pin lh_data_io[0] is assigned to pin location Pin_G5 (IOPAD_X10_Y21_N21)
Info (176311): Pin ~ALTERA_ADC1IN4~ is assigned to pin location Pin_G5 (IOPAD_X10_Y21_N21)

Is it possible to use the MAX 10 ADC Hard IP Block  to capture analog signals from ANAIN[1] while preserving the dual purpose analog inputs for digital signals? If so, what configuration is required to do this? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

No, you cannot use the rest of the dual-purpose pins as GPIO pins if you are using the ADC, despite you are just using the ANAIN pins.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

No, you cannot use the rest of the dual-purpose pins as GPIO pins if you are using the ADC, despite you are just using the ANAIN pins.

View solution in original post

Jonnew
Beginner

OK, that is definitive. 

Can you point me to the documentation where this is specified? If not, I would suggest that the documentation is updated to make this clear if the ADC Hard block is used, all digital IO, including the MUXed, non-dedicated inputs are not available for digital IO. 

Thank you for your help!