FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

Use of dedicated analog input and dual-purpose analog pins for digital signals on Max10

Jonnew
Beginner

I have a MAX 10 design (part: 10M08SAM15317G) in which I'm attempting to use the MAX 10 ADC Hard IP Block to capture signals on the dedicated Analog Input (Pin ANAIN[1]) while preserving the the dual purpose analog inputs (ADC[1]IN[1..8]) for digital IO.

I have configured the MAX 10 ADC Hard IP Block to only use CH0 (ANAIN[1]) while de-selecting CH1-8 and TSD inputs. However, during placement I still get conflicts on all of the dual purpose analog inputs like so:

Info (176311): Pin lh_data_io[0] is assigned to pin location Pin_G5 (IOPAD_X10_Y21_N21)
Info (176311): Pin ~ALTERA_ADC1IN4~ is assigned to pin location Pin_G5 (IOPAD_X10_Y21_N21)

Is it possible to use the MAX 10 ADC Hard IP Block  to capture analog signals from ANAIN[1] while preserving the dual purpose analog inputs for digital signals? If so, what configuration is required to do this? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

No, you cannot use the rest of the dual-purpose pins as GPIO pins if you are using the ADC, despite you are just using the ANAIN pins.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

No, you cannot use the rest of the dual-purpose pins as GPIO pins if you are using the ADC, despite you are just using the ANAIN pins.

0 Kudos
Jonnew
Beginner

OK, that is definitive. 

Can you point me to the documentation where this is specified? If not, I would suggest that the documentation is updated to make this clear if the ADC Hard block is used, all digital IO, including the MUXed, non-dedicated inputs are not available for digital IO. 

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos