FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Mapping of IP core to product codes

Patriet
Beginner

HEllo, we are getting OpenCore Plus on some of the IP in a design.  How do I know from the product code which IP it is actually looking for?  

Also, I am getting the same message on FIR Compiler...I do have FIR Compiler II in my license from IP Base, does that not support the old FIR Compiler?  I guess this design is pretty old...

The product codes (also shown in the attached) are below...how do I know what they are?

6AF7 0012

6AF7 0039

6AF7 0041

6AF7 0080

Also in general, how would I map a specific product code to an actual IP Core name?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. For your in formation the IP-FIR Compiler have been obsoleted in year 2015 and replaced with FIR Compiler II and link is to FIR Compiler II user guidance

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_fir_compiler_ii.pdf

The product codes are for old IP license.

6AF7_0012       FIR Compiler

6AF7_0039       Reed-Solomon Encoder

6AF7_0041       Shared Reed-Solomon Library

6AF7_0080       Reed-Solomon Decoder

0 Kudos
Patriet
Beginner

Thanks for the quick reply.  I saw that FIR Compiler was obsoleted but this is a very old design.  Shouldn't my FIR Compiler II license provided by  IP Base work for the old FIR Compiler?  It does not seem to be using it because it says unlicensed.  

Also, where can I find a mapping of authcodes to actual IP name?  This issue comes up a lot and it seems there should be an easy way to map these authcodes to the actual IP core?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Thanks for your update. I’m not familiar with FIR compiler IP. For your information, I’m just supporting dev kit general usage enquiry and licensing issue. If you are looking for further consultation on FIR compiler usage, the recommendation is for you to file new case requesting FIR compiler support.

For unlicensed items, you could check at assembler report.asm.rpt file

•           The assembler report is located in <Project directory>/Output_files/<project_name>.asm.rpt.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. If you don’t have any further question, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos