FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

Max 10 Triple Speed Ethernet UDP reference design\training\documentation

DavidCambridge
Beginner

Hi

I have the DK-DEV-10M50-A MAX 10 development board, which amongst other things feature a couple of LAN connectors and associated PHY.

I’d like to get UDP working using the appropriate qsys platform and NIOS II simple socket templates, but unfortunately and after a few frustrating days I’m struggling to find any documentation that is current or a reference design that works. For now this is an evaluation project (i.e. Quartus lite), and everything I find is either out of date, does not build, missing files, or requires licenced components to build  (I was hoping for a time limited sof file).

If anyone can point me in the right direction I’d be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

David

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Deshi_Intel

HI David,

Below is the closet that I can find on Max 10

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos
DavidCambridge
Beginner

Thanks for the link - unfortunately I've already tried and failed with these examples. When I try and compile I get numerous errors all reporting that the licence is not available for various files. That put's me in a bit of catch 22, because we wouldn't want to get a licence until we can evaluate!

David

0 Kudos
DavidCambridge
Beginner

With reference the above, I think I've solved the problem of not having a licence.  The solution is below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd12202011_654.html

For anyone reading in the future, and if the link above is broken, go to Assignments (top menu)\Settings\Eda Tool Settings and set Simulation to "none". This removes the need for the licences components.

David

0 Kudos
DavidCambridge
Beginner

Well, If I use the prebuilt files shipped with the version 17.1  reference design then I can get my board to  work with UDP (using this reference design below).

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/17.1std.1/Standard/nios-ii-simple-socket-server-ethernet-example/

Unfortunately, the qsys file supplied will not regenerate (many errors), and the NIOS II build will not recompile (the par file seems to come with the eclipse project already built - the prebuilt files work, but the source code won't compile).

I'll keep you posted if I ever get it to work, but in the mean time it's also back to my original question , which is to ask if anyone knows of a sample project \ refence design that works ?

Thanks again

David

0 Kudos
Deshi_Intel

Hi David,

Sorry, this is the only one that I can find so far.

Let's see if there is respond from other forum user that may come across similar example design that can share more info here.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

0 Kudos