FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Multirate Ethernet OpenCore Plus Hardware evaliation support

myalç
Beginner

Hi, 

I have Quartus Prime SE 17.1 and also a valid license file Low Latency Ethernet MAC. I want to create time limited .sof of the 10G USXGMII Ethernet Example Design of the Low Latency Ethernet MAC. Although IP cores have OpenCorePlus hardware evalution support and enabled in the design , Quartus do not create time limited .sof whatever I've tried. And the warning appears like below :

115003 Can not generate programming files for your current project because you do not have a valid license for the following IP core of cores.

115005 Unlicensed IP: "2.5Gb Ethernet PHY" (6AF7 00E4)

This IP core has OpeCorePlus support as ı researched.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Based on my understanding on your statement, IP: "2.5Gb Ethernet PHY" (6AF7 00E4) is supported in OpenCorePlus. Could you provide the link to this for further checking?

0 Kudos
myalç
Beginner

Hello ,

I'm glad to be here. As shown below , Multirate ethernet phy IP has OpenCore plus support. (you can reach from this link (page 200) https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/arria-10/ug_arria10_xcvr_phy.pdf?wapkw=PMA%20and%20PCS%20bonding%20Interlaken).

I created example design first. Low Latency Ethernet 10G MAC > Choose preset 10G USXGMII Ethernet Example Design (Arria10) > Generate Example Design.

And finally I've got the error above(115003). How can I generate time limited .sof programming file ?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

From the Table 152 PHY Release Information, the 2.5Gb Ethernet PHY" (6AF7 00E4) is supported in OpenCorePlus in Quartus version 19.1. May we know, have you try to compile your design in Quartus 19.1 version? If not, could you try on this and report back to us if failure with error message screenshot.

0 Kudos