FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

My company is interested in FPGA software with IPCore Libraries, which consist of: IP-TURBO IPS-EMBEDDED IPT-DSPBUILDER does license for IP cores allows for time unlimited usage so building/compiling projects ? but updates are limited to 1year?

MPros2
Beginner

I can't find answer to question on Intel web site and SW licensing forum

Regional distributors (mouser/digi-key) actually can't answer to above questions,

on web site / IP core documentation there are only causal sentence like

"Licensing IP Cores The Altera IP Library provides many useful IP core functions for your production use without purchasing an additional license. Some Altera MegaCore® IP functions require that you purchase a separate license for production use. However, the OpenCore® feature allows evaluation of any Altera IP core in simulation and compilation in the software. After you are satisfied with functionality and performance, visit the Self Service Licensing Center to obtain a license number for any Altera product"

So, some yes, some not - no real information which one.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. For further checking, could you advice the Product ID or feature name or OPN for all IP Cores that you have listed? example : (6AF7_0079)8b10b Encoder/Decoder

0 Kudos
MPros2
Beginner

There is another confuse, according IP-TURBO documentation: Version 15.1, Release Date November 2015

Ordering Code IP-TURBO (IPR-TURBO) Product ID 00FC Vendor ID 6AF7

But according to dump from build process, there is IP-TURBO Id: 6AF7 00FA !!!

so which one would be correct 6AF7 00FC vs 6AF7 00FA ??

screen attached

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

I'm checking with customer service team. Could you provide link to IP-TURBO documentation: Version 15.1, Release Date November 2015 for checking? thanks

0 Kudos
MPros2
Beginner

Sure, bellow goes link to online documentation:

Turbo IP Core User Guide

0 Kudos
MPros2
Beginner

Any updates ?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Based on my understanding, the IP is included in Quartus purchase is perpetual I.e The Intel FPGA IP Base Suite is a set of perpetual licenses for full-featured of Quartus versions. Refer link for more IP base suite function and feature. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/intellectual-property/design/ip-base-suite.html

for nios IP you could check here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/programmable/processor/nios-ii.html

From the Assembler report that you attach, seem all the IP feature is licenses. User can check IP in the license file whether it is perpetual or not.

0 Kudos
MPros2
Beginner

> User can check IP in the license file whether it is perpetual or not.

Sure ;-) but I would know this in advance before & without spending $25 000 for license file test ...

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

The Assembler report is one of the alternative ways to check license IP whether it is perpetual or not.

0 Kudos