FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

Need Help For Learning Sd Card Ip Core

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I want to make a SD CARD SPI MODE Host controller. I tried to make it using vhdl code only. But in the middle of it , I realized that it was to complex without using SOPC builder and NIOS II. Since ,I'm new using iP core. I don't know how to start. 

I'm already search in the web for any example SD CARD IP Core, but 'till now it's all not free :( . Please if anyone can help me ?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

may be this can help you: 

http://www.niosforum.com/pages/forum.php?cat_id=5 

Regard 

Luca
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

when i build the project in the NIOS IDE,there are some errors: 

**** Build of configuration Debug for project hello_world_1 **** 

make -s all includes  

Linking hello_world_1.elf... 

/cygdrive/e/sopc/sd/sopc_soft/software/hello_world_1_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_1_syslib.a(alt_sys_init.o)(.text+0x54): In function `alt_sys_init': 

system_description/alt_sys_init.c:92: undefined reference to `sd_controller_dev_init' 

/cygdrive/e/sopc/sd/sopc_soft/software/hello_world_1_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_1_syslib.a(alt_sys_init.o)(.data+0x1144): undefined reference to `sd_open_wrapper' 

/cygdrive/e/sopc/sd/sopc_soft/software/hello_world_1_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_1_syslib.a(alt_sys_init.o)(.data+0x1148): undefined reference to `sd_close_wrapper' 

/cygdrive/e/sopc/sd/sopc_soft/software/hello_world_1_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_1_syslib.a(alt_sys_init.o)(.data+0x114c): undefined reference to `sd_read_wrapper' 

/cygdrive/e/sopc/sd/sopc_soft/software/hello_world_1_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_1_syslib.a(alt_sys_init.o)(.data+0x1150): undefined reference to `sd_write_wrapper' 

/cygdrive/e/sopc/sd/sopc_soft/software/hello_world_1_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_1_syslib.a(alt_sys_init.o)(.data+0x1154): undefined reference to `sd_lseek_wrapper' 

/cygdrive/e/sopc/sd/sopc_soft/software/hello_world_1_syslib/Debug/libhello_world_1_syslib.a(alt_sys_init.o)(.data+0x1158): undefined reference to `sd_fstat_wrapper' 

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status 

make: *** [hello_world_1.elf] Error 1 

Build completed in 85.875 seconds 

How can I solve this problem? 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi quray, 

sd_controller_dev_init'sd_open_wrapper'sd_close_wrapper',etc Is it a function ? 

If it is a function please check Have you already include the .h file that describe the function ?  

I'm new in here but i'll try my best to share my experience.:)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Than you very much.I have solved this problem. 

sopc builder in Quartus 8.1 is different from Quartus 6.1 . 

in \neek_alternate_sd_card_controller\sd_card_controller_component\SD_Card_Controller_SPI\HAL\src 

create component.mk ,and add # This file generated on 2006.03.22.10:57:43  

C_LIB_SRCS += sd_controller.c\  

fat.c\  

fat_file.c  

ASM_LIB_SRCS +=  

INCLUDE_PATH +=  

# end of file 

in this file. 

http://www.cnblogs.com/oomusou/archive/200...mponent_mk.html (http://www.cnblogs.com/oomusou/archive/2008/12/06/ip_component_mk.html)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi,Luca Olivero, u give the web can not connect,i also want to learn about how to use the sd card.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,I P, 

can u post me some files about the sd card,i also use the sopc builder to use the sd card. thanks!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,I P, 

can u post me some files about the sd card,i also use the sopc builder to use the sd card. thanks!
0 Kudos