FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

New Avalon OpenCores Ethernet MAC

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all, 

For those of you using NIOS, a new version of the famous Opencores 10/100 Ethernet MAC has been posted on the NIOS forum in the projects section. This version replaces the wishbone interface with an Avalon interface. The core can be downloaded here: 

http://www.niosforum.com/pages/project_details.php?p_id=115&t_id=18 

Jake
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jake,  

what has been changed ? 

the files inside the zip are the same as a month ago. 

Michael
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Michael, 

Sorry, nothing new. I just wanted to add a post to the Altera Forum so readers of this forum would be aware of it. 

Jake
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Jake, 

The link does not work anymore. Could you re-post the link? Also, what exactly must change in the NIOS SDE simple socket server program to interface with your ethernet MAC design?  

It would be great if you could post an example project (hardware and software) that would indicate how to use it. Incidentally, there does not seem to be a single working project around for reference! 

Thanks in advance! 

Cheers, 

Masti 

p.s. the hardware connections are clear from the document but somehow, I am not sure what other assumptions the design makes. I downloaded the 8.x version of the ethernet mac from your wiki post.
0 Kudos