FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5741 Discussions

OPen mdl file failed(Dspbuilder9.1+MATLAB2008B)

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

open the demos from dspbuilder installation.

dspbuilder 9.0 with MATLAB2008B no problem

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Your character encoding is set to GBK which is a chinese code page. 

If you do what the error message suggests and type: 

bdclose all; set_param(0,'CharacterEncoding', 'windows-1252') 

you should be able to load the design. It seems in DSPB 9.1, the documentation for the Multipliy Add block was changed to use a special character that looks like a + on top of a - sign. This character unfortunately is not in the GBK codepage. 

You can patch your DSPB installation by just loading the allblocks_altera_dspbuilder2.mdl file (using the MATLAB edit command), press CTRL+G and type in line 3729. Then move across to column to 321 (or thereabouts - the error message doesn't seem that accurate) and just delete (or replace with +/-) the special characters in  

y = a0xb0 ± a1xb1 [+ a2xb2 [± a3xb3]]] 

Then resave the file. Restart MATLAB to reset your character encoding and try again.
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor I

Thank you . I will try. And I hope that Altera could fix this problem in future release.