FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

PCI , how to work in the way of "point to point" Just like PCIe

ZZhen13
Beginner

​hi, i need a pci host function to drive a pci-card, which is working in target mode. i use an FPGA ,and using the "PCI_mt32" IP CORE for the host system.

the question is

1. how should my hardwire connection be, for the "idsel" and "gntn". there is no PCI bridge, how should I deal with the "gntn", can I just register from "reqn"?

2. how can I configure the "PCI-Card", I have tried "master-single write transcation" mode, but the "PCI-Card"did not respond, and the "lm_tsr[8]"did not assert right.

thanks

best regards

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

​Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the PCI-mt32 IP core. To ensure we are on the same page, just would like to check with you the specific device and Quartus that you are currently using.  Also, just wonder if you have had any chance to perform functional simulation ie Modelsim just to help isolating out functional related issue prior to hardware testing. Thank you.

0 Kudos
ZZhen13
Beginner

hi, cpchan. i have already solve it. thanks for your answer. if anybody have any questions about it, please contact me with email axing1210@163.com. My pleasure to help!

0 Kudos