FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5946 Discussions

PCIE 64-bit address mode

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am having some trouble while using 64-bit addressing mode. I generated a rootport with bar1 and bar0 merged to 64-bit. assign bar space to 2 MByte. I didn't programmed any particular BAR address while configuration. When I send a memory read request from endpoint to root port at address all 0s I get a completion failure with cmpl status = 3'b001 which means "request failed at the target because it targeted an unsupported address". I think any one or more of the following are causing the problem. 

1. I immplemented a 64-bit prefetchabe memory. Should I configure Prefetchable mem base/limit register. What should I program for 1MByte space? 

2. Is address value all 0's a valid address for prefetchable memory (since the lower four bits of BAR0 are fixed to 4'hc). 

3. When I program all F's to BAR 0 and then read it back I always get 32'h00_00_00_0C for 1MB (even for less than 1 MB let say 64KB) BAR. I was expecting the upper bits should be all 1's depending on the size. Am i right or it should be as is? 

Please help me in solving the issue. same setup is working ok for 32-bit bar and 3DW Header read requests. 

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
0 Replies