FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

PCIe EndPoint IP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am considering to use Altera's FPGA together with some of its IP blocks but I need some guidance and clarifications before I can decide whether it is suitable for my usages: 

PCIe EndPoint IP Queries1 : 

- Can I configure the PCIe EndPoint not to return any Completion so that I can synthesize the Completion myself; this is including Configuration Type 0 which is targeting the PCIe EndPoint's Config Space?  

- Can I do the above while instantiating the PCIe IP Transaction Layer instead of trying to redesign the entire Transaction Layer? If yes, then how can I achieve this?  

- Can I do the above with either Hard IP and Soft IP; or only Soft IP? 

PCIe EndPoint IP Queries2 : 

- I want to store all the TLP which is received by the PCIe EndPoint into the On-Chip RAM (which has a NIOS II processor). This is because I need the NIOS II processor (applicable software) to process each TLP before returning the Completion for corresponding Non-Posted TLPs. Can I design a block inside the PCIe Endpoint Transaction Layer to push all the TLP to the On-Chip Memory or there is an IP that Altera already have that could perform such flow?  

- If I need to design my own DMA, how can I do that? Any reference to the documentation or anyone I can discuss in details especially the interface protocol with other RTL blocks, etc? 

- If there is a more robust method provided by Altera, can you enlighten me about this? 

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
0 Replies