FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

PCIe interface

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I am new to Altera PCIe.  

I am trying to connect the CPRI IP generated with Megacore function to a PCIe interface, which is going to be generated with Qsys. We're using Qsys for the PCIe because we need to use the Avalon-MM PCIe interface so that to connect the Rxm ports of it to the CPU interface of CPRI. 

My question is about PCIe system. I am not sure what components should I use in the Qsys system with PCIe in order (to generate it) to connect it to CPRI IP. 

The structure of CPRI includes the HDLC block, then 2 I/Q data channels of 16 bit integer, CPU interface, an SFP card connected to the PHY layer. 

I saw an example using Avalon-MM PCIe interface, using a DMA controller, memory on-chip, and a Transceiver controller but don't know if I can use it as reference.  

Do you have any hints how is best to configure this Qsys system? How do you suggest to connect the I/Q interface of CPRI to PCIe, what port should we use for that? 

Thnaks, 

Mihaela
0 Kudos
0 Replies