cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Problem running pin_assignments.tcl script with uniPHY DDR3 controller

Hi, 

I'm experiencing some problems with SoPC builder and quartus 11.0. 

Why SoPC builder and not Qsys ? Because I use an IP that is'nt yet avaible with Qsys... 

I did a very simple project with SoPC buider : 

For a Stratix IV device : 

- Nios II processor 

- DDR3 controller with uniPHY 

Building the system with SoPC builder is OK. Analysis & Synthesis are OK. 

After that I did : Tools -> Tcl scripts, then I selected and launched <>_pin_assignments.tcl script. 

Here is the log (tcl console) : 

ERROR: Argument <node_object> is an object filter that matches no objects. Specify one matches only one object. while executing "get_node_info -cell $node_id" (procedure "is_node_type_pll_clk" line 2) invoked from within "is_node_type_pll_clk $pll_output_node_id" (procedure "get_input_clk_id" line 2) invoked from within "get_input_clk_id $pll_ck_clock_id" (procedure "ddr3top_p0_get_ddr_pins" line 237) invoked from within "ddr3top_p0_get_ddr_pins $instname allpins" (procedure "ddr3top_p0_initialize_ddr_db" line 13) invoked from within "ddr3top_p0_initialize_ddr_db ddr_db" (file "D:/dev_fpga/test_ddr3_11/sopc/ddr3top/altera_mem_if_ddr3_phy/ddr3top_p0_pin_assignments.tcl" line 191)  

If someone has an idea... Similar projects worked well with the same procedure with Quartus 10.1... 

Thank you.
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Hi,  

if you built your design in older Quartus and migrated the project 

there might be changes in the generated top level 

look over the connections
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

I create the project with Quartus 11. It isn't a migrated project ;)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Hi, 

I have exactly the same problem except that I am using Qsys. 

But I have the same error. 

Need help please! 

Cheers, 

C.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Ok, It's not just me :cry:. 

I switched back to quartus 10.1...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

I also have exactly the same error with Q11.0 UniPhy DDR3. 

Making me very sad...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

BTW, I also get a whole bunch of critical warnings before this event all roughly similar to : 

Critical Warning: Could not find pin of type ck_pins from pattern uniPHY_group_inst|master_phy_top|uniphy_master_inst|p0|controller_phy_inst|memphy_top_inst|umemphy|uio_pads|uaddr_cmd_pads|clock_gen[*].uclk_generator|pseudo_diffa_0|o 

but with various different paths.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Aha - I think I have found it. It is basically the same problem as described in solution rd05232011_576. (Search for this on the Altera website). I would post a link but the forum won't let me :-(. 

It is not EXACTLY the same problem, but I have changed the std_logic_vector(0 downto 0) to std_logic in the component definition for the verilog sub-entity, and changed the mappings to the form: 

mem_ck => mem_ck(0). 

I hope this helps
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Did you succeed to run the pin_assignment.tcl script without any errors?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Yes. It ran without error after the changes although I still receive one critical warning that I am having a look at (there were 9 before the changes).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Thank You, It works. 

- Replace, std_logic_vector (0 downto 0) by std_logic for : 

mem_cas_n 

mem_ck 

mem_ck_n 

mem_cke 

mem_cs_n 

mem_odt 

mem_ras_n 

mem_we_n 

- Replace, for all the above signals, mem_(0) by mem_x
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honored Contributor I

Here is an example of a Python script which can do all the job for you, just replace the path and the name of your top level entity generated sy SoPC builder : 

f = open('./src/sopc/your_sopc_top_level.vhd') text = f.read() f.close() new_text = text.replace("mem_cas_n : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (0 DOWNTO 0);", "mem_cas_n : OUT STD_LOGIC;") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_ck : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (0 DOWNTO 0);", "mem_ck : OUT STD_LOGIC;") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_ck_n : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (0 DOWNTO 0);", "mem_ck_n : OUT STD_LOGIC;") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_cke : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (0 DOWNTO 0);", "mem_cke : OUT STD_LOGIC;") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_cs_n : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (0 DOWNTO 0);", "mem_cs_n : OUT STD_LOGIC;") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_odt : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (0 DOWNTO 0);", "mem_odt : OUT STD_LOGIC;") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_ras_n : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (0 DOWNTO 0);", "mem_ras_n : OUT STD_LOGIC;") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_we_n : OUT STD_LOGIC_VECTOR (0 DOWNTO 0)", "mem_we_n : OUT STD_LOGIC") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_cas_n(0)", "mem_cas_n") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_ck(0)", "mem_ck") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_ck_n(0)", "mem_ck_n") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_cke(0)", "mem_cke") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_cs_n(0)", "mem_cs_n") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_odt(0)", "mem_odt") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_ras_n(0)", "mem_ras_n") new_text = new_text.replace("mem_we_n(0)", "mem_we_n") f = open('./src/sopc/your_sopc_top_level.vhd', 'w') f.write(new_text) f.close()
0 Kudos