FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5885 Discussions

Problem to use LT24 module with qsys and quartus prime 16.1

EGori1
Beginner

Hi all!

I try to develope simple project with quartus prime 16.1 de-10 lite board and terasic lt24 module (university program), NIOS II and Qsys. I have already downloaded the example from lt24 terasic web page but there are mismatches into the files (in qsys a warning advise to update some IPs). Anyway, in qsys I add a lt24 controller and, according to documentation, a video pll (in order to provide correct clock to daughter board). The lt24 controller has a sink interface linked to a source interface of a video pixel buffer DMA (It has the same clock of LT24 controller IP). Generating HDL and synthesis works fine but the result is onlyh a withe LCD screen. This is the program:

int main()

{

printf("avvio il programma\n");

alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_dev *buffer;

buffer = alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_open_dev("/dev/video_pixel_buffer_dma_0");

alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_clear_screen(buffer,0);

alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_clear_screen(buffer,1);

alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_draw_rectangle(buffer, 0, 0, 255, 255, 0x001F, 0);

alt_up_pixel_buffer_dma_draw_box(buffer,10,10,255,255,0x001F,1);

}

In the teraisc demo example there are same code and function to initializate the LCD and the LT24 controller but I don't have these code in my auto generated HAL files. Can anyone help me?

I had checked pin assignement in quartus and, of course, the daughter board works fine.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Kenny_Tan
Can you put a link here where you get the terasic demo example?
EGori1
Beginner
Kenny_Tan

can you check this out? https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&CategoryNo=68&No=1011&PartNo=4#s...

Click on the terasic support for the missing files.

Kenny_Tan
is there any update?