FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Problem with feedback connection

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

I have make a simply firmware in dsp builder but have some problem in feedback connection. If i run a simulation in simulink I haven't any kind of problem, these arise after the download in FPGA. 

I have another answer: The divider block have a particular latency??? 

The operations frequency of first part of firmware is 300MHz, this is a problem with the bus width of someone data??? I attach the file model of simulink that i have created for test purpose, please control it and give me any kind of information about my error. 

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my english. 

Bye bye :cool:
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In my ipinion,your clock divider needs dealing.Dew to a time question.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, thanks for this hint but the problem isn't the clock divider but the arithmetic operand divider, and a feedback on the subtractor. 

Bye byw
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, maybe I'm not clear about the trouble founded in the test model create by me via DSP BUILDER. 

I have two questions: 

1) If the firmware work @300MHz the latency of block divider is less than the clock period?? 

2) There are some possible truble about a feedback connection in the subtractor node??? 

I make this two answer because i haven't considerate the divider latency in test project and i think that there is no problem in feedback connection but when i "program" FPGA i found out of the subtractoru 1 e -1 instead of 0. 

Again thanks for attention and sorry for my english. 

Bye Bye at all
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

come from china ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

come from china ? 

--- Quote End ---  

what???? But why you have maked this answer?????????:confused: