FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5887 Discussions

Remote upgrade IP-Cyclone V

Gyud0
Beginner

Hey,

I'm trying to integrate the Remote Upgrade IP in Cyclone V without an Avalon bus and I have two questions:

1) Do I need to integrate the Remote Upgrade IP in the factory design with a state machine that operates it according to page 7 in the user guide ? 

Gyud0_0-1614267060832.png

2) I'm working with a EPCS128 device so what are the address range of page 0 (the factory image) and page 1 (image 2-application image) ?

Gyud0_1-1614267425409.png

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Please find my response below:

1) Do I need to integrate the Remote Upgrade IP in the factory design with a state machine that operates it according to page 7 in the user guide ? 

Yes, you need to.

2) I'm working with a EPCS128 device so what are the address range of page 0 (the factory image) and page 1 (image 2-application image) ?

I am assuming you are using Active Serial Configuration Scheme. When you are generating the bitstream for the flash (.jic), you may need to add 2 sof file (factory image and application image), from there, you can select the start address for page 0 and page 1.

Regards,

Bruce

Gyud0
Beginner

Thanks, I did it successfully.

Now, I want to add the option "Enable reconfig POF checking" so do I need check the "pof_error" signal in my state machine, before I send the reconfig command from my state machine to the Remote Update IP? I mean before the step 4 in the following order:

Gyud0_0-1614761043155.png

Knug
Beginner

Hi,

Lucky you are using a configuration device that supports Active Serial (AS) mode.

Our configuration device only supports FPP or PS scheme and we are using MAX V CPLD with PFL.

No luck from our side to use the Remote Update IP within our Cyclone V FPGA for this yet 

Regards,

Kevin

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Yes you can do so by reading the "pof_error" indicator before you trigger reconfiguration on steps 4.

Gyud0
Beginner

I did it =).

Another question, if I give a wrong address to the Remote Update IP, how many addresses the ASMI Parallel IP will search before the "pof_error" indicator will turn on?

YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Another question, if I give a wrong address to the Remote Update IP, how many addresses the ASMI Parallel IP will search before the "pof_error" indicator will turn on?

The remote update IP will search for address that user entered only. If it is not existed, then "pof_error" indicator will turn on.

Regards,

Bruce