FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

SerialLite II protocol on Cyclone 10GX

osi-hw
Novice

Hi, 

I am working on porting a design from cyclone V to Cyclone 10 GX. Knowing that the Cyclone V design is using the SerialLite II to interface with another FPGA board ( that uses SerialLite II). What can be the equivalent of SerialLite II protocol in Cyclone 10 GX and that can interface with the same FPGA board?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Regarding your latest inquiry, my understanding is that there is no other protocol that can directly communicate with SerialLite protocol. Different protocols generally would not be able to recognize the data packets for example.

Please let me know if there is any concern. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As I understand it, you have some inquiries related to the SerialLite support in the C10GX device. For your information, there seems to be no SerialLite IP supported in the C10GX devices. Sorry for the inconvenience. As a workaround, you might want to look into A10GX device which has the SeriaLite III IP supported.

0 Kudos
osi-hw
Novice

Hi,

Thank you for your return.

Is there any other IP on the C10GX device that have the same protocol as SerialLite ? 

For instance : can an FPGA board with serialLite protocol communicate with another one (The C10GX) using another Protocol?

Best Regards

0 Kudos
CheePin_C_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Regarding your latest inquiry, my understanding is that there is no other protocol that can directly communicate with SerialLite protocol. Different protocols generally would not be able to recognize the data packets for example.

0 Kudos