FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

Share Asmi Parallel IP with Serial Flash Loader problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I use Cyclone V E FPGA Development Kit, i successfully read and write in the EPCQ256 memory with the ASMI Parallel IP but i would like to share the Asmi Parallel IP with Serial Flash Loader for keeping the ability to program the EPCQ with SFL for others purpose but i didnt success to communicate with the memory 

my steps : 

1- Disable SFL IP : if asmi_access_request = 0 then (noe = 1 and asmi_access_granted= 0) 

2- Use my working ASMI Parallel code for reading some bytes => not work 

3- Use my working ASMI Parallel code for writing some bytes => not work 

If i remove the SFL IP i can read / write on EPCQ by using the ASMI Parallel IP but when i include it i can't anymore 

My need is to use the SFL IP in my design and have read access to the EPCQ memory. 

Regards, 

Chaos39
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Problem solved. 

Solution : 

1- Don't use Quartus v14.0.0 build 200 Web Edition but use Quartus v14.1.0 build 186 Web Edition 

2- Create a new project of all your design (don't upgrade) 

Antoher thing Altera Flash Loader must have always noe = 0 to have internally access to the ASMI