FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

Tcl commands required to create project files in sub-directory

EPrec
Beginner

I used the 'Generate tcl file for Project' to generate a base Tcl file for my project. I'd like to modify that Tcl file so that I can 'Source' it one folder level above where I want my project (.qpf) and constraint (.qsf) files to be created.

For example, the generated Tcl script starts with the command:

if {[is_project_open]} { if {[string compare $quartus(project) "my_project"]} { puts "Project my_project is not open" set make_assignments 0 } } else { # Only open if not already open if {[project_exists my_project]} { project_open -revision my_project my_project } else { project_new -revision my_project my_project } set need_to_close_project 1 }

the 'is_project_open' command must look only in the local directory (where the Tcl script resides). Is there a Tcl command that can 'cd' into a sub-directory, run all the commands that create the project and make assignments and then exit?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
EPrec
Beginner

... think I answered my own question. I added the following to the top of the Tcl file and it appears to be working as desired:

set origin_dir "./Work_Dir" cd $origin_dir

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

It's glad that you found the command.

0 Kudos