FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

The problem about FFT simulation

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I want to use MATLAB to simulate the FFT function designed by Altera. I run the Matlab testbench generated by Quartus, but there is always the error 

Undefined function or method 'Sfftmodel' for input arguments of type 'double'. 

Error in ==> fft256_model at 41 

[roc,ioc,eoc] = Sfftmodel(rin,iin,N,THROUGHPUT,ARCH,DATA_PREC,TWIDDLE_PREC,INVERSE); 

Dose anyone could help me solve this problem? 

Thanks
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have solved the problem. The Quartus only creates the 32bit function, so we must use the 32bit matlab.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

you might file an enhancement request with Altera on that. DSP Builder finally supports 64-bit MATLAB, it would be nice if the MegaCore simulation models did too

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

you might file an enhancement request with Altera on that. DSP Builder finally supports 64-bit MATLAB, it would be nice if the MegaCore simulation models did too 

--- Quote End ---  

March 5th 2013 and the problem is still unsolved?!?!?!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I want to use MATLAB to simulate the FFT function designed by Altera. I run the Matlab testbench generated by Quartus, but there is always the error 

Undefined function or method 'Sfftmodel' for input arguments of type 'double'. 

Error in ==> fft256_model at 41 

[roc,ioc,eoc] = Sfftmodel(rin,iin,N,THROUGHPUT,ARCH,DATA_PREC,TWIDDLE_PREC,INVERSE); 

Dose anyone could help me solve this problem? 

Thanks 

--- Quote End ---  

I got the sfftmodel.mexw32 file from altera's website, and simply changed the extention to .dll. My computer is of 32 bits, but I keep getting the error message: tsfftmodel.dll can't be loaded correctly. Could somebody tell me how to fix the problem? Besides, I simply put this sfftmodel.dll file in the same folder along with all the other files such as fft_32k_tb.m and fft_small_tb.m.  

Also, is there a way to change this sfftmodel.mexw32 (or sfftmodel.dll) into sfftmodel.m file?  

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos