FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5953 Discussions

Triple Speed Ethernet - Send to PC?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello all. 

I need help on further testing with the 'Using Triple Speed Ethernet on DE2-115 Boards' tutorial. 

(which is the one on the link below) 

ftp://ftp.altera.com/up/pub/altera_material/12.0/tutorials/de2-115/using_triple_speed_ethernet.pdf 

Right now, I am trying to send data to PC (a laptop) by connecting ethernet cable between Ethernet Port 1 of DE2-115 Board and PC's LAN port. I've done everything as the same as the tutorial, and from what I understand, data will be sent from Ethernet1 port of the board to PC, where I will use Wireshark to see the incoming packets. 

However, I don't see anything coming in to PC (looking at Wireshark) when I send packets. Except the periodic standard queries and initialization. I input strings in Altera Monitor Program, press enter to send, but nothing coming in. 

So the question here is... 

if I follow the 'Using Triple Speed Ethernet on DE2-115 Boards' tutorial, 

connect Ethernet1 port of DE2-115 board with PC's LAN port, 

send data (using Altera Monitor Program) through LAN Cable, 

packets should be received normally on PC, right? 

Or are there TSE register configurations I must do to make packets be acknowledged by PC? 

Has anyone done similar project? What do I need to do? 

Thanks in advance. 

EDIT : Fixed. It was a problem with my PC hardware, not the TSE settings problem.
0 Kudos
0 Replies