FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5881 Discussions

Using a external PHY - Micrel KSZ8051RNL

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Im having same issues in using a external phy  

Actually, I have four external phys connected to a Arria kit via a HSMC board.  

When I try to use simple socket server with one of these phys, I have this type of messages in Nios II console: 

Warning: Unknown PHY found at PHY adress 0x00 of MAC Group[0] 

Please add PHY information to PHY profile (done) 

Auto-Negotiation Failed 

Mapping of PHY to MAC failed! Make sure the PHY address is defined correctly in tse_mac_device[] structure, and number of PHYs connected is equivalent to number of channel.  

(...) 

My project has a board_update_portal (Arria II GX kit) that implements a simple socket server in MII mode. These phys use RMII mode, so Im trying a MII2RMII.vhdl code found here in the forum. (Because, TSE MAC do not work with RMII) :( 

In this case, I dont know if I have problems with the signal in the conversion between modes, or if I have a issue with TSE MAC configuration. 

I appreciate any help, 

Thanks in advance,
0 Kudos
0 Replies