FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

When I instantiate an EMIF in my Qsys design for Cyclone 10 and select a 4GB component preset result does not have 4GB of addressable space?

JHaye4
New Contributor I

When I instantiate an EMIF in my Qsys design for Cyclone 10 and select a 4GB component preset the interface presents me with an Avalon Memory Mapped port with an Address width of 25 and a data width of 128. This results in a total addressable space of 512MB... Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir,

Welcome to Intel Community.

Can you provide the full name of the preset selected? Because I didn't found any 4GB(yte) preset available in Cyclone 10 . What I've seen is only 4Gb(it) as shown below. Please help to confirm .

4Gb.PNG

Thanks

Regards,

Aida

View solution in original post

2 Replies
NurAida_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir,

Welcome to Intel Community.

Can you provide the full name of the preset selected? Because I didn't found any 4GB(yte) preset available in Cyclone 10 . What I've seen is only 4Gb(it) as shown below. Please help to confirm .

4Gb.PNG

Thanks

Regards,

Aida

JHaye4
New Contributor I

I am very sorry, I read the b as a B and got it wrong. Thank you very much. Please delete this post if you feel necessary.