FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

a10 SR-IOV example

mark_lee
New Contributor I

hi  team

where can i downloal the SR-IOV example for  ariia10 device?

thanks!

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may refer to the UG https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_sriov.pdf

(Chapter 2.3 Generating the SR-IOV Design Example)

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
mark_lee
New Contributor I

Hi KhaiChein

I had refer to the UG "Intel® Arria® 10 Avalon® Streaming with SR-IOV IP for PCIe* User Guide ",  when i run simulate in ModelSim, I get errors.

model sim.jpg

By the way , I can not generate Example Design 

EXAMPLE1.jpg

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

You may generate the example design by selecting the correct settings in "Example Designs" tab and clicking on "Generate Example Design".

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
mark_lee
New Contributor I

Hi KhaiChein 

I had open the sr_iov Qsys "sriov2_target_g3x8_1pf_4vf.qsys" by  "Quartus (Quartus Prime 18.1) Standard Edition", follow the step explained in the "Intel® Arria® 10 Avalon® Streaming  with SR-IOV IP for PCIe* User Guide". and I Compiling and Simulating the Design for SR-IOV in ModelSim . 

When  clicking on "Generate Example Design" to get an example I get an error like this :

Catch(06-12-11-56-15).jpg

I disenable the LMI,and  clicking on "Generate Example Design" to get an example I get an error like this :

Catch1623(06-12-11-56-15).jpg

Is there something wrong ?   or the Qsys can not Generate Example Design with set "Application interface type " =Avalon-ST with SR-IOV?

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Upon checking internally, the <install_dir>/ip/altera/ altera_pcie/altera_pcie_a10_ed/ example_design/a10/sriov2_top_target_gen3x8_1pf_4vf.qsys is the example design and you do not need to regenerate the example design using the IP GUI. Regarding the simulation, you have to rename the qsys file to top.qsys and generate the testbench system following the steps in 2.3.

I tried to simulate the design with the name sriov2_top_target_gen3x8_1pf_4vf.qsys and top.qsys. The sriov2_top_target_gen3x8_1pf_4vf.qsys gives error message: Error loading design and the top.qsys simulation is successful.

Could you try to rename the qsys to top.qsys before testbench generation?

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
mark_lee
New Contributor I

Hi KhaiChein 

I had rename the Qsys file to top.qsys ,and sucess  Compiling and Simulating the Design for SR-IOV in ModelSim with the message " Simulation stopped due to successful completion! Simulation passed"

Is the "sriov2_top_target_gen3x8_1pf_4vf.qsys" only for Simulating by ModelSim ?

What I want is an sr-iov example  designs for A10 ,which can be run on  my board  include drivers for the host PC (linux in my case).

In intel web there have sr-iov example  designs for S10, but I can,t find the download link  like this page:

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/14.0.0/Standard/stratix-v-pcie-with-sr-iov-reference-design/?wapkw=sr%20iov

0 Kudos
mark_lee
New Contributor I

Hi KhaiChein 

Are you on vacation?

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Yes, I was out yesterday.

Is the "sriov2_top_target_gen3x8_1pf_4vf.qsys" only for Simulating by ModelSim ?

The supported simulator includes Mentor ModelSim*, Mentor VCS* and Cadence NCSim*

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_a10_pcie_sriov.pdf (Table 7).

What I want is an sr-iov example  designs for A10 ,which can be run on my board  include drivers for the host PC (linux in my case).

In intel web there have sr-iov example  designs for S10, but I can,t find the download link like this page:

In the A10 UG, it is mentioned that the SR-IOV variant does not support the example design generation. The Getting Started with the SR-IOV Design Example chapter provides an example with simulation and Quartus Prime compilation. Therefore, the driver for this is not available.

If you are interested in S10 SRIOV example design with driver, you may refer to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO8mORtZ8X0

Thanks

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
mark_lee
New Contributor I

Hi KhaiChein 

thank you  for you help and  reply , I had get  S10 SRIOV example design with driver.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos