FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5988 Discussions

alt_mem_phy DDR2 controller INIT_done going LOW.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all. 

Need help. I have a problem with DDR2. 

I'm using DDR2 HPC1 memctrl with alt_mem_phy IP and EPCGX110DF31I7. Addressing 2 parallel MT47H128M16HG-3IT:A (FBGA-84) "MICRON (totaling to 32-bit data bus width, 1 nCS). 

I using Quartus 11.1 sp2.  

pll_ref_clk=40 MHz. 

phy_clk = 140 MHz. 

controller data rate= Half. 

Enable user Auto-refresh control =on. 

Native interface. 

Problem with replication of nCS, CKE, ODT – solved. 

I done tcl file and add ddr sdc file. Onchip series termination on (50 Ohm without calibration). 

Devices always starting and working normal, but in a one moment local_init_done going LOW and after not going HIGH never. Only after global reset alt_mem_phy DDR2 controller release local_init_done ('1'). 

Device can working all day, but can work only few minutes. This behavior repeat on all devices. 

Why local_init_done may be falling? Files of DDR2 controller encrypted and I not view condition of this case in HDL file. 

Thanks for any help! 

Alex
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Why are you using not the High Performance Controller II? And why do you have enabled User Auto-Refresh controls?

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

HPCI uses, because only HPCI has native interface (we have arbiter for our system with this interface). 

User Auto-Refresh controls uses for delay Auto-Refresh cycle and increase peak performance.