FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6359 Discussions

calibration of ddr4 interface on 10AX066H4F34E3SG

Andrey_Fazan
Novice

Hello! I'm trying to implement DDR4 40bit-wide interface with 3 devices MT40A512M16LY-062E. When I connect only one of 3 devices to the project, calibration and data exchange do well, but when I connect all 3 devices - calibration fails. Why it happens and how can it be fixed?

0 Kudos
26 Replies
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for sharing those files.

It's looks like the sdram_a cannot be worked when enabling 16bit and combing with other memory.

I'm not sure what is the reason for that but I think it's could be related with the voltage.

So can you probe on your board at the sdram_a[7...0] and sdram[15...8] to analyze the voltage?

Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos
yoichiK_intel
Employee

Hi

just to make sure , do you use the 240 resistor as RZQ resistor on your board ?

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrey,

Do you have any update on this?

Regards,

Adzim

0 Kudos
Andrey_Fazan
Novice

Hi, Adzim
Is it possible to get PCB layout of arria 10 soc development kit? It could help us check if our layout of DDR4 devices is correct.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Andrey_Fazan
Novice

Hi!
just to make sure , do you use the 240 resistor as RZQ resistor on your board ? - Yes, we use it

So can you probe on your board at the sdram_a[7...0] and sdram[15...8] to analyze the voltage?Everything with voltage is fine, but we need to update our board, so I will tell later about results

Thank you!

0 Kudos