FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5952 Discussions

cyclon 4 gx pcie card is not detection problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi all, 

i am doing pci express by using cyclone 4 gx device (ep4cgx75f23i7). when i inserted the card into the pcie slot and restarted it .but my pc is not recognising it. 

To check the problem i am using signal tap 2. when i am monitoring some signals like  

clocks: fixedclk, pld_clk, clb_clk, like all clocks are coming and pll_locked,rx_freq_locked are coming.  

resets : pcie_rstn, npor,rx_digitalreset,app_rstn all reset signals are coming and reset status signal is also zero. 

But LTSSM signal is toggling bwn 0 and 2 and it is not going to POLLING.CONFIG mode.  

and when i monitored test out signal nothing is coming.  

so, please suggest me what to do in my case, i am not finding where the exact problem is?  

is there any chances to go wrong in ip core or the problem is in my custom board?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi naresh, 

which PCIe Version are you using? If possible try another PC and look into your Bios. I think I had a similar problem too. Maybe I remember what I exactly did ;) 

Which Quartus Version are you using? 

Kr, 

Florian
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi Florian,  

i am using quartus 13.1 and in that ip compiler for pci express v13.1 is using.is there any problem with this version.I tried with another pc also but remain same.but when i restaring my pc with pcie card is present then it is going to hang. actually, for generation of fixed clock and reconfig clock i am using 64 mhz clock from my board.i think this is not an issue,any sugggesion? 

here i am attaching the signal tap 2 waveforms please see it
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For IP Compiler for PCI express: 

1) The maximum frequency of reconfig_clk is 50 MHz. Your reconfig_clk should not exceed 50MHz. 

2) fixedclk frequency must be 125MHz. 

3) Both fixedclk and reconfig_clk must be free running, it can’t be generated from the 100MHz refclk or its derived clocks.