FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

deinterlace IP

arlen
Beginner

deinterlace II ip ,when i select 8bit or 12bit of color sample, my program is working properly, but when i select 10bit, is abnormal.  The input is the same

image.png

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I am not sure what colour format that you use. Have you try with different color format input ?

Are you using latest Quartus version else you can try upgrade to latest Quartus version to see if the issue still persist ?

Also you can try out different deinterlacing algorithm to see if it make a difference

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

arlen
Beginner
Hi,

I use the colour format of RGB??the video source is RGB colour format? so i didn‘t try other format input.

And  Quartus version i use is 18.2, my colleague used was 18.1, we use same deinterlacing algorithm, but his project work properly.

Could you have example project about using deinterlace II ip ?
Deshi_Intel

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't have the example design.

Intel FPGA doesn't offer v18.2. I presume you are referring to v18.1.2 ?

To rule out potential old Quartus version issue,

• pls try to upgrade to latest Quartus version if possible.
  • Since it's working on your colleague PC, you can install v18.1 on your PC to see if it's v18.1.2 version issue but I doubt so

Another thing to check is to ensure your FPGA design is timing clean to avoid design functionality failure

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

arlen
Beginner

hi,

现在发现主要问题还是avalon-mm接口,发现deinterlace ip 出来的某次读突发会导致avalon-st接口的ready拉低一直不变,st接口按照协议打包正确,mm接口也是按照官方手册的时序进行操作的,但是有一点就是我同事的mm接口没有突发长度为1的时候,但是我这边频繁出现,官方对这个IP没有任何时序上的介绍,所以也不知道问题现在在哪

Deshi_Intel

HI,

The timing diagram spec of all Video IP is shared and explained in chapter 2 of the VIP user guide doc. Feel free to check it out.

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

arlen
Beginner

Hi,

发现当deinterlace ip参数设置中的Avalon-MM接口位宽设置为256bit时,屏幕就不显示,Avalon-ST接口的ready就拉起不来;而选择接口位宽为512bit时,但由于我的emif是320bit位宽,所以我只截取MM接口的低256bit进行读写DDR。最终显示图像的现象是文字会抖动,应该是少了一半有效数据的关系。

但为什么ip 选择256不行,而选择512可以?

arlen
Beginner

选择256和512以及128bit位宽有什么区别?

Deshi_Intel

Hi,

The bus bit width should only affect the operating frequency to maintain the same video bandwidth

• For instance, when the bus bit width x2, the operating frequency should be divided x 2
  • when the bus bit width x4, the operating frequency should be divided x 4

If larger bus bit width works, I suspect your design could be facing timing closure issue where the data transfer can only happen safely with lower operating frequency

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

arlen
Beginner

但是为什么512bit位宽是可以的?如果按照您的说法,更改位宽需要更大的频率,256bit不行,那么512bit也应该不行

Deshi_Intel

Hi,

I am not sure I am following your explanation here.

• Sorry, this is English forum so I am having tough time to understand chinese translation here

When bus width goes higher, the expected operating frequency should goes lower.

• Assuming bus width = 128, required operating frequency = 1x
  • when bus width = 256, required operating frequency = 1x divide by 2
  • when bus width = 256, required operating frequency = 1x divide by 4

Thanks.

Regards,

dlim

Deshi_Intel

Sorry, typo in my earlier post

When bus width goes higher, the expected operating frequency should goes lower.

• Assuming bus width = 128, required operating frequency = xxx MHz
  • when bus width = 256, required operating frequency = xxx MHz divided by 2
  • when bus width = 512, required operating frequency = xxx MHz divided by 4