FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

dsp builder modelsim connection problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I'm a new user of DSPbuilder and i have a problem when im using testbench generator.after clicking advanced button i push run modelsim. Although i have clicked launch gui button, there would be any error message and modelsim would not work. The models i use is that matlab2012b, modelsim 10.1b,quartus II 64 bit 13.1 and dsp builder 13.1
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

I'm a new user of DSPbuilder and i have a problem when im using testbench generator.after clicking advanced button i push run modelsim. Although i have clicked launch gui button, there would be any error message and modelsim would not work. The models i use is that matlab2012b, modelsim 10.1b,quartus II 64 bit 13.1 and dsp builder 13.1 

--- Quote End ---  

I have the same problem with Linux CentOS & QII-14.1 & R2012a & Altera Modelsim. Also with a different setup like QII-15.0 & R2015a & Altera Modelsim the result is the same. In a different host machine with RHEL & QII-14.1 & R2012a & Altera Modelsim Also with a different setup like QII-15.0 & R2015a & Altera Modelsim the result is worse.. I can't compile the same project..only Simulink symulation is completed. 

IMHO, the Simulink don't see ModelSim... I tryed to spefify in $PATH environment variable the path to vsim... but nothing. 

The others variables are setted ... like QUARTUS_ROOTDIR, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LM_LICENSE_FILE & MGLS_LICENSE_FILE. 

I search if in the Symulink preferences or setting there's the possibility to specify the Modelsim installation path (like in Quartus)... but nothing. 

I also searched in documentation center/archive but... It is like the lid off Pandora's box...:evil:!We hope in the intervention of an expert
0 Kudos