FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

error when build nios IDE

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi! 

i am using an example of DE2_media_computer. When i build interrupt_Example_C, I get one error. But i don't know how to dug it. 

please help me!! 

thank so much! 

this error appear in problems is: 

ld: section .reset [00000020 -> 00000043] overlaps section .exceptions [00000020 -> 000002ef] 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Just a guess but your error sounds like your problem is in your board support package in the linker scripts section. It sounds like maybe your wherever you are telling the BSP to put everything is too small. 

I'm not an expert at this, but I have been fighting the NIOS IDE for a couple of hours so I know where a lot of settings are. 

David
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks! 

please tell me how i do to debug this problem!! 

thanks so much!!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I don't know that I have the right answer. But if you right click on your BSP project and select the "NIOS" menu then "BSP Editor", you should get a window that a bunch of options for your BSP. One of the tabs says "Linker" on it. In that tab, you can control where the BSP tries to put everything you build.  

Again, just a wild guess but maybe if you try selecting different memory regions from the drop downs on that page, you might get lucky and make your problem go away. Hope this helps, if it is still not clear I will try to give more detailed instructions when I am back at work tomorrow.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thanks! 

please help me detail about it!!
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I just solved this problem today. Open the BSP Editor from the Nios II SBT and select the Linker Script tab. You need to add a linker section named ".reset" to the "sdram" linker region (which is in the sdram memory device). That should get you past the error you described.

0 Kudos