FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6343 Discussions

making use of PCI Express Cyclone10GX Example Avalon-ST interface

PVanL
Novice

Dear Intel Support,

I built the example as in ug-dex-a10-pcie-avst.pdf, using modelsim as simulator. It works as described. I want to use the PCIexpress by connecting the Avalon-ST interface to Intel's MAC (from the Low Latency MAC example), and my own PHY, see the attached powerpoint. 

The point is, i cannot find any data moving on any line, except for the signals on the ST-interface, and on the serial data lines, but no data on any signal like e.g. "pipe_sim_only_xx" or whatever signal. So, i have no clue where to connect what signal, and /or how to pack ethernet signals as payload into a PCIexpress signal.

I am looking for an identifiable testbench in e.g pcie_example_design_tb, but cannot find it, also not in DUT_pcie_tb_ip, of which i expect it works as the testbench. Normally a testbench has a driver, a monitor, a comparator, some clocks and resets, and some wait statements to have the configuration settle down. I cannot find anything like that. 

And do you have something that takes care in simulation to pack/ unpack ethernet into/from PCIexpress?

Thanks in advance,

Pieter

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PVanL
Novice

I did not look carefully enough. There are more  ports and wires with active signals.

The signals in the wave.txt are active during simulation, yet i find it difficult to identify what the meaning is of some of them, and where to intercept for the intended application, see above

0 Kudos
Rahul_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi ,

The only example design we provided is from the example design that is been generated from the IP. 

And another example design you can find from our design stores.

https://fpgacloud.intel.com/devstore/platform/?search=pci&acds_version=any&family=arria-10

You can use Arria 10 PCIe reference design as an example for your development..

Particular to your integrated design we do not have

0 Kudos
PVanL
Novice

Hi 

0 Kudos