FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5954 Discussions

pci express device hangs on windows plug and play drive

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am working on a PCI Express FPGA design, targeting an Arria II Gx device, using an external PCI Express connection. When I got my first board I plugged it into my processor board with windows 7 loaded. My board was detected by Windows but did not have a driver. My firmware folks are a little behind, so I used a QNX drive that has a driver for the PCI version that my new design is based on to test and troubleshoot my new board. When firmware was ready with windows 7 embedded driver, I found that the system hung at startup on the plug and play portion of windows startup(BIOS configures device just fine). It now hangs with the original windows 7 drive as well. Clearly I've changed something in my PCIe configuration space that is causing this but I am at a loss as to what. When I look at logic analyzer data from boot I see both the configuration transactions from the BIOS and the PNP driver and then nothing but broadcast messages. 

Is there some resource that I can consult to figure out what I need to change to get it to get past PNP? Thanks.
0 Kudos
0 Replies