FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

problems with Functional simulation of ip in modelsim se

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello everyone, 

know i have a problems with Functional simulation in modelsim se, my project have an ip core, when i generated its vhd files and do functional simulation,should i generate its netlist files? when i compiled files,it did not happened any errors, but the output of ip is "U" with red in simulation,why? i added all lib,but it did not output
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

hello everyone, 

know i have a problems with Functional simulation in modelsim se, my project have an ip core, when i generated its vhd files and do functional simulation,should i generate its netlist files? when i compiled files,it did not happened any errors, but the output of ip is "U" with red in simulation,why? i added all lib,but it did not output 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi, 

which Quartus Version and IP do you use ? 

Kind regards 

GPK
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi,i used quartus 9.0 and triple speed ethernet ip, in mac withe pcs and pma(alt2gxb),today i find it has tow library stratixii_hssi and stratix_hssi which i had not loaded in ip generated files in testbench,so i think maybe it is problem.i used stratixii gx pcie kit,thankyou

0 Kudos