FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
5950 Discussions

simulating Altera Reed-Solomon IP

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello community, 

I am using Quartus II 64-bit version 15.0.1, and trying to evaluate the Altera Reed-Solomon IP. 

When I simulate a testbench program , Modelsim-Altera (Starter Edition 10.3d) reports 

# Loading work.reed_solomon_encoder(syn)# ** Warning: (vsim-3473) Component instance "auk_rs_enc_top_atl_inst : auk_rs_enc_top_atl" is not bound. 

then it gives warnings arising from my code, similar to: 

# ** Warning: (vsim-8684) No drivers exist on out port /tibc_tb/uut/rs_enc/rsout, and its initial value is not used. 

which I assume result from the problem identified in the previous warning. (and of course nothing happens) 

Can anyone please explain how to run such a simulation, or else point me to the correct documentation? 

I see there are some TCL scripts in the generated files directory, but after reading through the documentation I still cannot figure out what to do with them...so this may just be something trivial. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
0 Replies