FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6356 Discussions

simulation stopped due to inactivity!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hello everybody: 

recently I did some simulation in modelsim-altera6.5 according to AN532 downloaded from altera.com.First I built an sopc system including DMA Control,On Chip memory(RAM) and PCI Express.My quartus version is 9.1.Then I run the testbentch provided in the project folder.The result is in the attachement. 

I don't understand why the value of DMA signal "length" is always"000000",and the simulation result shows"simulation stopped due to inactivity!",Can anyone figure out the reason?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Do you have a clock source ?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I think the problem may be MSI interrupt but I'm not sure!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

hello everybody: 

recently I did some simulation in modelsim-altera6.5 according to AN532 downloaded from altera.com.First I built an sopc system including DMA Control,On Chip memory(RAM) and PCI Express.My quartus version is 9.1.Then I run the testbentch provided in the project folder.The result is in the attachement. 

I don't understand why the value of DMA signal "length" is always"000000",and the simulation result shows"simulation stopped due to inactivity!",Can anyone figure out the reason? 

--- Quote End ---  

Can you show the source code? My guess is your clock generator is not running (either a race condition, or was not coded to start with).  

Srini 

www.cvcblr.com/blog
0 Kudos