FPGA Intellectual Property
PCI Express*, Networking and Connectivity, Memory Interfaces, DSP IP, and Video IP
6355 Discussions

user controlled refresh in agilex

frankbarone
Beginner

hi have couple of questions about refresh to dram:

1)

is there any documentation or training about how to provide user control refresh to dram through emif in agilex?i checked agilex emif user guide and did not find any steps on how to to do this. 

2)

These these two parameters mutually exclusive? can i have both checked?

able User Refresh Control When enabled, user logic has complete control and is responsible for issuing adaquate refresh commands to the memory devices, via the MMR interface. This feature provides increased control over worst-case read latency and enables you to issue refresh bursts during idle periods.
Enable Auto-Precharge Control Select this parameter to enable the auto-precharge control on the controller top level. If you assert the auto-precharge control signal while requesting a read or write burst, you can specify whether the controller should close (auto-precharge) the currently open page at the end of the read or write burst, potentially making a future access to a different page of the same bank faster
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hello frankbarone,

1)

is there any documentation or training about how to provide user control refresh to dram through emif in agilex?i checked agilex emif user guide and did not find any steps on how to to do this.

• We don't have such documentation that you're looking for.
  • Usually every dram has a datasheet and you can refer to refresh command for the memory to perform the refresh.
  • You can refer to JEDEC website for dram command set. https://www.jedec.org/

2)

These these two parameters mutually exclusive? can i have both checked?

• Yes you should be able to enable both parameter.

0 Kudos
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos